metadata for legacy repositories

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Sat Aug 6 18:16:03 UTC 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:24 -0700, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
>

>> And here it is:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/Mock
>>
>> Let me know if I missed something that could use more clarification
>> (or, hell, it's a wiki, feel free to add/change things as needed). :)
>>

> This is good info Jeff.  I had planned on setting up a plague
> server for
> Legacy use in the near future, so that we can easily to builds for
> FC on
> both archs.  However I was informed that plague/mock wouldn't work so
> well for RHL.  Can you do some more testing to prove/disprove this?  I
> will re-examine creating the secondary metadata format if it could be
> used by mock.

Hi Jesse, it looks like things work fine on x86_64 build hosts (with
target i386), but there is an issue with FC1 builds on a i686 build
host.  On x86_64, a mock install of fc1 i386 goes cleanly, but on an
i686 32 bit machine, the %post section of the glibc install fails.

I'm curious, what type of build machine are you using currently, and
if it's not x86_64, did you experience anything like this under mach?

Here's some output after doing a 'mock -r fedora-1-i386-core --debug
init' and killing mock before it does the 'yum groupinstall build',
so that I can do a test install of glibc.  Basically, I get the same
error message when doing a mock build, but this way I can avoid the
wait when it downloads all packages in the build group :)  This works
perfectly on the x86_64 machine.

I've been looking at the /usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade code (this is
the only thing run in %post of the glibc rpm), and I can see where
it's throwing the 115 exit code, but I'm not sure what is causing it.

-Jeff

----------
$ /usr/sbin/mock-helper yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-1-i386-
core/root install glibc

=====
  Package                 Arch       Version
Repository        Size
=====
Installing:
  glibc                   i686       2.3.2-101.4      updates-
released  4.9 M
Installing for dependencies:
  basesystem              noarch     8.0-2
core              2.6 k
  filesystem              i386       2.2.1-5
core               14 k
  glibc-common            i386       2.3.2-101.4      updates-
released   12 M
  libgcc                  i386       3.3.2-1
core               26 k
  setup                   noarch     2.5.27-1.1
core               28 k
  tzdata                  noarch     2004b-1.fc1      updates-
released  403 k

Transaction Summary
=====
Install      7 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)
Total download size: 18 M
warning: basesystem-8.0-2: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
db42a60e
warning: libgcc-3.3.2-1: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
error: %post(glibc-2.3.2-101.4.i686) scriptlet failed, exit status 115