metadata for legacy repositories

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sun Aug 7 17:33:23 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 11:16 -0700, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> Hi Jesse, it looks like things work fine on x86_64 build hosts (with
> target i386), but there is an issue with FC1 builds on a i686 build
> host.  On x86_64, a mock install of fc1 i386 goes cleanly, but on an
> i686 32 bit machine, the %post section of the glibc install fails.
>
> I'm curious, what type of build machine are you using currently, and
> if it's not x86_64, did you experience anything like this under mach?

Currently the system is an x86_64 box but a 32bit OS is installed.  At
the time putting it into service, mach couldn't build 64 and 32bit
packages correctly on the same host.  I don't believe we experienced
this problem under the current server.  New server will be the same
x86_64 box (dual opteron) this time installed w/ CentOS4 x86_64.

> Here's some output after doing a 'mock -r fedora-1-i386-core --debug
> init' and killing mock before it does the 'yum groupinstall build',
> so that I can do a test install of glibc.  Basically, I get the same
> error message when doing a mock build, but this way I can avoid the
> wait when it downloads all packages in the build group :)  This works
> perfectly on the x86_64 machine.
>
> I've been looking at the /usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade code (this is
> the only thing run in %post of the glibc rpm), and I can see where
> it's throwing the 115 exit code, but I'm not sure what is causing it.

Hrm, thats interesting.  I'd recommend posting to the
fedora-buildsys-list and see if they have any input.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: