[FC1] Unofficial Updates to ZLIB

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Mon Aug 8 15:23:03 UTC 2005

On Monday 08 August 2005 09:21, James Kosin wrote:

> JAMES'  Unofficial Unsupported by RedHat, Redhat Fedora Core, and
> Redhat Fedora Legacy Groups!
> ~    Any support for my packages, will only come from me!  There
> is no bugzilla for the packages, groups may not know what version
> you are talking about.  The biggest support can come from ME or
> the source creators of the program.  Although, any patches kept
> over from the Fedora Core packages are not supported by the
> vendor of the software. ~    My packages are usually re-packaged
> new versions of many programs.
>

> ZLib 1.2.3
> ------------

Hmmmm, a private security fix?  I was under the impression that
 this is the kind of thing that's supposed to be addressed by the
 Fedora Legacy Project.  If so, isn't this going to be rather
 confusing?

>Version 1.2.3 eliminates potential security vulnerabilities in
> zlib 1.2.1 and 1.2.2, so all users of those versions should
> upgrade immediately. The following important fixes are provided
> in zlib 1.2.3 over 1.2.1 and 1.2.2:

For example, why is this identified with FC1 when the "current" FC1
zlib package that's been released
( http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/1/updates/i386/ ) is:

rpm -qa | grep -i zlib
zlib-1.2.0.7-2.1.legacy