[FC1] Unofficial Updates to ZLIB

Matthew Nuzum matt.followers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:08:36 UTC 2005

> |Perhaps what I'm missing is how this is adding value to
> |Fedora-legacy?
> |

> |Regards, Mike Klinke
>
> I don't want to add confusion, just a place to add updates for new
> versions of products.
> I'll refrane from posting until I straighten this mess out.
>
> James Kosin

Hi James,

Maybe just changing the way you word the announcement will help. Redesigning
your e-mail so that it looks a little less official and choosing a wording
for the subject and/or opening lines that indicates this is an enhanced
package designed for people who don't mind upgrading to newer package
versions.

The e-mail you sent for ZLib looked more like a security announcement than
an enhanced package announcement. I realize that it was released because of
security issues, but in this case, it might have been a little alarming to
some.

--
Matthew Nuzum <matt at followers.net>
www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"