[FC1] Unofficial Updates to ZLIB

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Tue Aug 9 22:06:33 UTC 2005

It's easy to set up a yum server. I've posted instructions for hosting WBEL4
packages on a WBEL3 server http://effortlessis.com/wbel4yum.html

Why not set up a yum repo on your RPM repository, and post announcements here,
in a format easily recognized as such?

Setup will take you an hour or so, I'd wager, and then your updates could be
used by people automatically if they so desire it, by updating the yum config
files.

-Ben

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 07:08, Matthew Nuzum wrote:

> > |Perhaps what I'm missing is how this is adding value to
> > |Fedora-legacy?
> > |

> > |Regards, Mike Klinke
> >
> > I don't want to add confusion, just a place to add updates for new
> > versions of products.
> > I'll refrane from posting until I straighten this mess out.
> >
> > James Kosin
> >

> Hi James,
>
> Maybe just changing the way you word the announcement will help. Redesigning
> your e-mail so that it looks a little less official and choosing a wording
> for the subject and/or opening lines that indicates this is an enhanced
> package designed for people who don't mind upgrading to newer package
> versions.
>
> The e-mail you sent for ZLib looked more like a security announcement than
> an enhanced package announcement. I realize that it was released because of
> security issues, but in this case, it might have been a little alarming to
> some.
>
> --
> Matthew Nuzum <matt at followers.net>
> www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"
> View samples of Elite CMS in action by visiting
> http://www.followers.net/portfolio/
>

> --

- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978