Where is there a repository for updated tools?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Aug 31 17:10:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 09:51:35PM -0400, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
> I managed to build sendmail-8.13.4 for RH7.3

Actually this is not such great feat.  Source rpms for sendmail from
later distributions rebuild just fine on RH7.3 installations; maybe
after small tweaks.

> to replace the insecure stock sendmail.

Could you elaborate in what sense a version of sendmail distributed
with RH7.3 is "insecure"?  CAN numbers? AFAIK if you want some
features, like really working TLS or some functions separation
(which is indeed a more secure design), then you need a later
version of sendmail but otherwise there is nothing wrong with it.
New features are beyond a fedora-legacy scope.

   Michal