What do users need to do to prepare?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Dec 17 00:00:24 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 09:42:26AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 08:42 -0500, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > as an admin of a few FC3 boxes, what do I need to do to prepare for the
> > transition? change yum.conf? add gpg keys?
> >
> > Can I set it up now or do I need to wait?
> >
> > I'd like to set it up now.
>
> Actually what would be best is if the Legacy group prepares a
> fedora-legacy-release package that drops a yum.repo file
> in /etc/yum.repos.d/ and most likely enables it.

It should be enabled. If a user needs to download a package or even
just a yum.repo file he already explicitly asked for legacy
support. Having a two step procedure will only make users forget the
second step.

It is different if the package is merged into future fedora core
packages (which it should!). FC5 for instance could start off with a
disabled fedoralegacy entry, which users will have to enable. Someone
(Jesse :) should lobby this to become part of fedora-release-5.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net