What do users need to do to prepare?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Dec 17 00:07:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 01:00 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:

> It should be enabled. If a user needs to download a package or even
> just a yum.repo file he already explicitly asked for legacy
> support. Having a two step procedure will only make users forget the
> second step.

Yep, this was the conclusion we came to for the FC3 and FC4 stuff.  FC5
was still a discussion as to if we wanted it disabled by default.

> It is different if the package is merged into future fedora core
> packages (which it should!). FC5 for instance could start off with a
> disabled fedoralegacy entry, which users will have to enable. Someone
> (Jesse :) should lobby this to become part of fedora-release-5.

Already working on this.  Legacy is now officially a subproject of
Fedora, with me as the Chairman of the Fedora Legacy Project Management
Committee.  What does this mean?  Nothing yet, I'm still trying to sort
how we'll fit into this, and others to have on the committee.  But this
does mean that I can now continue with discussions such as having FL
repo info shipped w/ FC5 and future releases.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: