Failed primary.xml.gz in FC1

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Mon Dec 19 03:27:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Michael Mansour wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try and perform a check-update to get the latest FL updates for an FC1
> machine, I get the following:
>
> # yum check-update
> Setting up repositories
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 254 kB    00:05
> http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/1/updates/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from fedoralegacyupdates: [Errno 256]
> No more mirrors to try.
>
> Checking the file it is there and does exist, but seems to be broken?
>
> Michael.

Hey Michael,

Curious.  What version of yum are you using?

Looking at these lines in a freshly-downloaded repomd.xml from
download.fedoralegacy.org versus an sha1sum of a freshly-downloaded
primary.xml.gz, it appears that the checksum should match:

  <data type="primary">
    <location href="repodata/primary.xml.gz"/>
    <checksum type="sha">ac9fbb74145e3e77e1c2354c1ee0e9de25385a48</checksum>
    <timestamp>1134883655</timestamp>

versus

    $ sha1sum primary.xml.gz
    ac9fbb74145e3e77e1c2354c1ee0e9de25385a48  primary.xml.gz

Perhaps the headers are corrupted on your system and need to be re-down-
loaded.  Have you tried:

   # yum clean headers
   # yum check-update

?