FC1, "yum group*" commands

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Sat Feb 19 05:46:55 UTC 2005

On 2/18/05 9:39 PM, "Dan Trainor" <info at hostinthebox.net> wrote:
> I've become accustomed to using 'yum grouplist' in FC2 and FC2 to view
> and otherwise maintain available groups of packages installed on my
> system.  However, when trying to do the same in FC1 with yum v2.0.5, it
> comes back with an error similar to the following:
>
> Getting groups from servers
> No groups provided or accessible on any server.
> Exiting.

Hi Dan, the yum grouplist/groupupdate/groupinstall (etc.) commands will only
work if there is a yumgroups.xml file setup in the repository you are using.
If your /etc/yum.conf is only pointing to the FL base/updates directories,
then you will not see any groups because there are none configured there.

I hope that answered your question.

-Jeff