FC1, "yum group*" commands

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Sat Feb 19 05:54:15 UTC 2005

Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On 2/18/05 9:39 PM, "Dan Trainor" <info at hostinthebox.net> wrote:
>
>>I've become accustomed to using 'yum grouplist' in FC2 and FC2 to view
>>and otherwise maintain available groups of packages installed on my
>>system.  However, when trying to do the same in FC1 with yum v2.0.5, it
>>comes back with an error similar to the following:
>>
>>Getting groups from servers
>>No groups provided or accessible on any server.
>>Exiting.
>>

> Hi Dan, the yum grouplist/groupupdate/groupinstall (etc.) commands will only
> work if there is a yumgroups.xml file setup in the repository you are using.
> If your /etc/yum.conf is only pointing to the FL base/updates directories,
> then you will not see any groups because there are none configured there.
>
> I hope that answered your question.
>
> -Jeff

Good Evening, Jeff -

Yes, it did answer my question absolutely.

I am guessing that others are probably wishing this functionality did
exist.  So with that being said, what can I do to create a yumgroups.xml
that can be used by the FL project?  I would imagine that there is a
specific format for such a file, so do you know where I might be able to
get more information on this?

Thanks a lot
-dant