Yum Problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jan 13 12:07:12 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 13.01.2005 schrieb John Fox um 9:06:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> You are right it is "header.info", that is my typo error. I am
> Australian and reside there, but I have servers in the US at a
> Data Center.

So this was no copy&paste showing what yum does _exactly_?

> Could the "Cannot send request" be the problem as there is a
> firewall installed on the server. But this theory is opposed by
> a second server at the same DC that I am also having the same
> problem, does not have a firewall as yet.

> John Fox.

Seeing from the other reply to Seth, yes, if you can't reach any other
host you have a basic network problem.

Check your nameserver setup: /etc/resolv.conf
Check your routing: route -n
Check your ethernet devices: ifconfig

yum will work properly in the moment you fixed your networking issue.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.8_FC2smp
Serendipity 13:02:57 up 2 days, 11:13, load average: 0.98, 0.80, 0.43