Yum Problem

John Fox fedora at australmailco.com
Thu Jan 13 19:30:05 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz writes:

> Am Do, den 13.01.2005 schrieb John Fox um 9:06:
>
>> Hi Alexander,
>>
>> You are right it is "header.info", that is my typo error. I am
>> Australian and reside there, but I have servers in the US at a
>> Data Center.
>
> So this was no copy&paste showing what yum does _exactly_?
>
>> Could the "Cannot send request" be the problem as there is a
>> firewall installed on the server. But this theory is opposed by
>> a second server at the same DC that I am also having the same
>> problem, does not have a firewall as yet.
>
>> John Fox.
>
> Seeing from the other reply to Seth, yes, if you can't reach any other
> host you have a basic network problem.
>
> Check your nameserver setup: /etc/resolv.conf
> Check your routing: route -n
> Check your ethernet devices: ifconfig
>
> yum will work properly in the moment you fixed your networking issue.
>
> Alexander
>

> --
Hi,

The /etc/resolv.conf file was wrong so I edited it to read the
nameserver IPs and the primary domain name. This cured the
problem in the second server. It is merrily connecting to the
repository at lsu.edu without any problems.
Now the first server which is the topic of discussion,still has
a problem with fedoralecay.org.

After editing resolv.config I did a yum update, towards the ens
of the process there was a message:

Error getting
http://download..........................header.info
[Errno 4] IO Error: HTTP Error 404:  not found

Regards,

John Fox.