changes are needed, we need keep moving

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Jun 3 10:06:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Mark Scott wrote:
> So... if I verify a package for FC1 or FC2 (the distros I have access
> to) then I can personally remove the 'verify-core1' or 'verify-fc2' from
> the whiteboard? I never wanted to do this in the past when it was 2
> verifies as I assumed the Reporter / Assignee was responsible for this.

You can do this, if you're able to.  I'm not 100% sure whether this
requires special permissions -- this may be something that only the
reporter/assignee can do (and people with special bugzilla privileges,
like myself).

> With regards to verifying packages, there are several waiting for a
> verify on FC1 or FC2 that I would not feel comfortable verifying because
> I do not (or never have) used them, e.g. PostgreSQL, rp-pppoe,
> squirrelmail, gftp, ethereal. Obviously if this is true of all verifiers
> then this is a problem that will block their release.

I've sometimes came across this issue.  For simple applications like
ethereal and gftp (which can be easily installed and tested), I've
done the testing even if I hadn't used the application at all (or only
very little).  But I wouldn't feel comfortable testing a package which
requires more complex set-up (like postgresql), but maybe that has
been part laziness in my mind :)