changes are needed, we need keep moving

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Jun 4 07:30:08 UTC 2005

--On Friday, June 03, 2005 11:53 AM -0500 Michael Schout <mschout at gkg.net>
wrote:

> Its hard to get even *ONE* vote!  Just look at all of the packages
> waiting on VERIFY and/or PUBLISH votes in bugzilla, and look at how long
> they have been there.  There simply are not enough people willing to put
> the time in to do QA testing.

There's some degree of awareness problem. How many people using FC2 and
earlier are even aware of this list? How many read the whole page in the
wiki on how to QA packages? How many then go on to make a GPG key?

For packages anywhere in the process, you might get more traction by going
upstream for each package and posting the status and links to that
package's upstream mailing list or newsgroup. I generally join the lists
for the packages critical to my server and often upgrade to the upstream
version if an RPM is available.

If there's a devel list for a package, you could get permission to CC bugs
to that list.