list of all updates for $foo

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Jun 10 09:51:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

I wrote the attached script half a year ago or so, maybe some of you
might find it useful.

Basically you say something like 'list-latest iptables', and it shows
all the iptables packages in all Fedora Legacy directories, as well as
the updates in RHEL21/RHEL3.

This allows quick & easy answers to the questions, "what is the latest
package out there? If I need to build a new package with a security
fix, which package should I use as a basis?  Has there been an update
to RHEL yet?"

Requires lftp.

HTH,