Yum did it again

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Jun 24 01:32:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 03:21:23PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> And no /swap is showing in /etc/mtab.  Here is fstab from that box:

swap doesn't get mounted anywhere under / or otherwise.

> /dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults
> 0 0
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults
> 0 0

> So, which swap is it useing?  Call me puzzled.

Both.  See /proc/swaps.

> Disk Druid, while seemingly giving you the options to do what you
> want, will then proceed to re-arrange the partition orders & types so
> that /dev/hda2=100 megs for /dos in fat32, gets to be /var.  And you
> cannot even install, let alone boot with only a 100 meg /var.  Rescue
> disk to the handy once you get it figure out what the hell happened.
> Difficult without better clues, lots better clues.

You can use the fdisk trick in Ctrl-Alt-F2, but then you still have to
tell Disk Druid on Ctrl-Alt-F7 which of the fdisk-created partitions
get assigned to which filesystems, / /var etc..  It will respect your
choices.  I have done this many times without problems.