Fedora Legacy advistory list is lacking

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 1 06:13:42 UTC 2005

Quoting Pekka Savola <pekkas at netcore.fi>:

> Hi,
>
> It appears the advisories haven't been updated on:
>
> http://www.fedoralegacy.org/updates/

They should be asap, as I'm back from vacation now.

> .. hopefully these aren't updated manually?!?!? Or did a script break?

I've asked about getting a lot of automation done, even volunteered to
do some of it, but so far have no been given permission to do anything.
Jesse has said he planned to do some, but has not been able to get around
to it.  So, as of now, it is more-or-less by hand.

Actual setup isn't so hard:

* I save the message from my e-mail client to my disk in a CVS checkout of the
web site
* I run a php script (in CVS) on it, to create the HTML output
* I copy the html output to the proper directories for the relavent releases
* I do a CVS add/commit on the new files
* I update the web site from CVS.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics