Can we get a zlib update?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Mar 2 16:42:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 08:50 -0500, Eric Wood wrote:
> I just think the version is artificially being kept down cause I don't
> see
> any substatial diff in the code except for tab indents.

'substantial' diff?  I'm sorry, I don't deal in substantial.  If there
is ANYTHING different other than the security patches we applied to the
older rev, then there is not going to be an update.

> I'm fine, I just argue the point that the buck stops at zlib and it
> can
> easily be kept up across all FC releases.

Why should the buck START with zlib?  If we do one, then we should do
them all right?  I'm sorry but this is a hard line I have to draw.  We
have a hard enough time keeping up with security backports we don't want
to add the burdon of upgrading everybody's pet package.  If you care
THAT much about it, nothing is stopping you from setting up your own
repository.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: