[FLSA-2005:2336] Updated kernel packages fix security issues

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 20:34:51 UTC 2005

> Oh, I communicated in the IRC channel, to the builders, and anybody that
> happened along.  I had assumed that if any questions came up on the list
> during the time I couldn't easily check w/ my mail client that answers
> would have been made.  No, I didn't take the time to read through the
> web archives, I was busy fighting with Verio and the like to get my shit
> taken care of, as well as trying to handle my day job.
>
> I was available through IRC, I was available through my work email, I
> was available through my work phone, if you were really concerned you
> could have called.

How?  You are assuming that everyone on the mailinglist knew you were on
IRC (not everyone uses that, only the core people seem to), or that they
know your work email or phone (i haven't a clue what you do for work,
nor do i really care).  The point is the onus was on YOU to communicate
after the issue was raised, not the other way around.

> Instead of spending effort to say that we're down and working on it
> (people already KNEW we were down, and people DID know I was working
> on it), I chose instead to WORK on it.

BINGO!  Your definition of who knew is different than mine.  You
*thought* everyone knew when in fact they didn't.  Yes some people did
know, those people should have stepped up to the plate and told the
mailinglist as well.  Is this the Jesse Legacy project or is this a
larger team effort?  You, Jesse Keating, don't need to be doing
everything, there needs to be some *organized* structure for FL to
endure.

> Now I've spent even MORE effort trying to stay calm and answer your
> statements, when instead I could have been doing something far more
> constructive, like spearheading our migration over to Red Hat's bugzilla
> system, fixing some build scripts, allocating our x86_64 build system,
> discussing our CVS commit access for FC trees etc...  Are you done now?
> Can I go back to doing things that matter?

Frankly, I would rather see you delegate some responsibility to others
and then you take some time to define and setup an organization before
doing anything else.  As I said before you can't be the chief cook and
bottle washer too.  Going forward please communicate to the mailinglist
or let the mailinglist know that you don't consider it worthy of keeping
informed.  In my opinion the crux of FL should be discussed and
announced on the mailinglists first.

-Jim P.