VVDQ : keeping track ...

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Mon Mar 7 18:37:16 UTC 2005

beartooth wrote:
> Is there a handy place to look, for those of us not all that active here,
> to check from time to time which Fedoras have gone legacy and which are
> still core?

Hmm, I don't think so.  There's a list of releases with advisories, but
it includes RH 7.2 and RH 8.0 (and a big "support for RH7.2 and RH8 is
suspended" notice)

A clear list is something to add, though, and I'll create a page on the
wiki today if I can figure out how in a reasonable amount of time (and
if I don't find the info already there in the process).  Really, this
should be a sidebar on the Fedora Legacy home page.  Just "Currently
supported: Fedora Core 1, Red Hat 9, Red Hat 7.3."

However, Fedora Core's policy is to never support more than one release
back, so you can go to http://fedora.redhat.com/ and see which one is
current.  One back *might* be supported, but two back will *not* be.
For instance, right now FC3 is current, and FC2 is deprecated.  FC2 is
still core for a couple more weeks, at which point it will be handed off
to Legacy.

--
Kelson Vibber