Questions about creating RPMs

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Mon Mar 7 22:28:20 UTC 2005

dan wrote:
> I know that a lot of you guys are making Fedora Legacy RPMs, and I was
> curious as to if you use some sort of template in vi or *gasp* emacs or
> something of the like.  I've been doing this by hand for a bit now, and
> it's a lot of work.  Surely there's a simplified way.

I haven't worked on any of the RPMS for FL (though I think I noticed
guidelines of some sort on the wiki), but when I build my own I
frequently start with the .spec file in the SRPM for an earlier version.

It often takes some tweaking, especially if files get moved or replaced
between versions, but it does simplify the process immensely.

--
Kelson Vibber