mysql-server

Ajay Sharma ssharma at revsharecorp.com
Fri Mar 25 17:41:00 UTC 2005

Joe Sauer wrote:
> Did anyone else experience any mysql servers not restarting themselves
> properly, after the mysql-server upgrade last night, and having to
> manually restart mysqld?

I'm not sure why but mysql never restarted after an update, even from
the "official" Redhat updates.  I guess the thinking was that they
didn't want to shutdown a running server in the middle of a query?  But
it's kinda pointless because the mysql server is pretty much busted
after you install the RPM.  You *need* the restart to make it work.

In any case, install the mysql-server manually just like the kernel.  :)

--Ajay