mysql-server

Peter J. Holzer hjp+fedora-legacy at wsr.ac.at
Wed Mar 30 10:58:15 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-29 14:37:14 -0600, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 01:05:51PM -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> > > Maybe yum could be modified to allow you to download the updates to the
> > > cache without installing them
[...]
> I suspect that you could just install a SQUID cache (not in transparent
> proxying mode) and tell yum to use it as a proxy server, allowing you to
> basically just proxy your updates.

Yep. That's what we use here (with apt instead of yum, but same
principle). You just have to set maximum_object_size in squid larger
than the largest RPM, otherwise squid will cache only small RPMs and not
the large ones.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer \Beta means "we're down to fixing misspelled comments in
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR     \the source, and you might run into a memory leak if
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ \write your plugins upside-down in lisp". --ae at op5.se