New bugzilla status whiteboard / issues.txt

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sun May 1 18:16:02 UTC 2005

On Sun, 1 May 2005, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 09:36:57AM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
>> I got a bit bored at looking at the tinyurls and having to surf them
>> back and forth looking for stuff that I could help with; having just
>> one page which would include all the relevant information would be
>> good.
>> Hence, I hacked up two scripts to fetch the information from bugzilla
>> and merge it on one page. See for example:
>> http://netcore.fi/pekkas/buglist.html
>> The scripts are attached.
>
> Nice. It'd probably be good to add the "component" column to the chart, too.

If you can find a way for Red Hat's bugzilla to print that out (i.e.,
a bugzilla search URL), why not.  I haven't looked at it but I fear
it may be impossible.

I'd certainly be very interested if the summary page was able to
clearly show which release (rhl73,rhl9,fc1,fc2,...) requires more
work, so those who are able/interested in working on just that release
can quickly pick their own.

In particular, if folks with access to (for example) FC1 saw that a
particular update had already VERIFY votes for RHL73, RHL9, and FC2,
but FC1 was missing, could prioritize sending in the VERIFY over the
case of "no VERIFIES done yet at all".  This is the most frustrating
case of missing VERIFY votes..

>> Maybe someone can clean the output a bit (if needed) and run them
>> regularly somewhere ?  "All packages needing new packages" certainly
>> looks a bit redundant..
>
> I'll take a look at doing that next week if no one else speaks up.

I don't care much -- just that it finds a good home.  I'm hoping it
would be done at fedoralegacy.org or at least visible linked from
there, so that folks who'd want to contribute would find it easily.

Michal:
>Indeed!  "All packages needing new packages" could be replaced
>by "New packages wanted"; or "New packages needed for these" if
>something more verbose is desired, or something like that.

That last category seems to match all the Fedora Legacy bugs, so I'm
not sure how useful it is (at least it should not list the same things
which have already been listed earlier..?).  But I'm not sure if
that's doable as a bugzilla query URL.