New bugzilla status whiteboard / issues.txt

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun May 1 18:31:29 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 09:16:02PM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
> >Nice. It'd probably be good to add the "component" column to the chart,
> >too.
> If you can find a way for Red Hat's bugzilla to print that out (i.e.,
> a bugzilla search URL), why not.  I haven't looked at it but I fear
> it may be impossible.

You can add something like
"&columnlist=status,resolution,component,qa_contact" and it will work.
(Although probably not that list -- I just copied that out of one of my own
scripts.)

> I'd certainly be very interested if the summary page was able to
> clearly show which release (rhl73,rhl9,fc1,fc2,...) requires more
> work, so those who are able/interested in working on just that release
> can quickly pick their own.

Hopefully we can make that work better in bugzilla itself. But if not, a
wrapper layer like this can definitely help.

> >I'll take a look at doing that next week if no one else speaks up.
> I don't care much -- just that it finds a good home.  I'm hoping it
> would be done at fedoralegacy.org or at least visible linked from
> there, so that folks who'd want to contribute would find it easily.

Definitely.