Hints and tips for building from srcrpms

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Wed May 18 18:21:07 UTC 2005

I said in a earlier message that I was attempting to build gcc and
family so that tbird and firefox will install under 7.3. In trying to
build from source I noticed that my architecture is recognized as i686
which is okay for me but if this exercise works wouldn't it better to
have the rpms as i386? I think so but haven't a clue how to do it. Any
hints/tips will be appreciated. If this works perhaps the builds could
be added to the repository.
--
G. Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
PATH tech