Testing?

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Wed Nov 9 08:53:47 UTC 2005

I've been using "testing" on my yum.conf for a FC1 system.

So far, everything has worked fine, AFAIK. And, it's the "AFAIK" that's the
kicker.

See, the system doesn't do much. It plays MP3s 24x7 a la mpg321 (picks songs
at random from my considerable archives) and it backs up systems via rsync.

It's hard for me to say anything other than "that recent glibc library
installed OK" since I've not done anything else with it, other than see it
appear in yum a while back.

Does this information provide any actual value? Is there some testing harness
availabe somewhere so I can know "yep" or "nope" package foo works or
doesn't?

-Ben
- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978