Upcoming transition of FC3

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Oct 20 01:57:38 UTC 2005

--On Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:17 PM -0400 Jeff Sheltren
<sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> I like the idea of having a yum repo file pushed out by redhat,  although
> I'm not sure if they'd go for it or not.  If not, I think a  good idea
> may be for us to release a package like legacy-yumconf-fc3  which would
> provide the file /etc/yum.repos.d/legacy.repo.  CentOS  does something
> similar if you want an example.  If we get real  ambitious, we could even
> stick our GPG key on the system (they'd  still have to manually import it
> to yum/rpm).

I was going to suggest the same, as I'd just done this to include the Livna
repo on my FC4 system:

<http://rpm.livna.org/configuration.html>

The FC4 RPM includes both the repo file and the GPG key, and the first use
of yum to install a package prompts to install the key into RPM.