Upcoming transition of FC3

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 21 18:37:54 UTC 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 12:33 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Well, we need to get packages ready for FC3 for us to provide to
> the end
> user, as well as packages ready for FC5 to be included in core
> distribution.  Using $releasever and $basearch variables in our repo
> file means we can supply one repo file that will work across releases.
> No need to have different ones.
>
> Since we'll have two packages (one we provide for FC3 and FC4, and the
> one that will go into Fedora Core), the one we provide we can
> enable by
> default.  The user grabbing the package and installing it seems to be
> choice enough in my mind.  However the package that goes into core
> should have the repo itself disabled.

OK, here's a SRPM for FC3 - input is welcome.
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/legacy/legacy-yumconf-3-1.fc3.src.rpm
The spec file is here:
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/legacy/legacy-yumconf.spec

Notice there are separate repo files for base, updates, updates-
testing and utils.  I think this goes better with the new yum.repos.d
format than having only one repo file.  Also, both base and updates
are enabled, testing and utils are not enabled by default.  I think
this is a sane and safe default, but I'm open to suggestions.

When building for FC5, we'll need to disable all repos by default.  I
will proceed with that package once we all (or most) agree on this
one :)

-Jeff