Upcoming transition of FC3

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 24 17:37:44 UTC 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 1:31 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

> I'll bring this up to the Fedora Steering Committee and see how they
> feel about these updates being enabled by default.  For Fedora
> stuff, I
> now am leaning toward enable by default.  I think Michal and others
> may
> be right, those who are in the 'know' and don't want our updates can
> easily disable it.

Plus those "in the know" will either be running a newer version of FC
by then, or they will actually want to have legacy updates instead of
running an un-patched machine :)

I agree, if the steering committee is OK with it, then I think we
should enable it by default and leave the repo empty until we take
over for that version of FC.  This will help many more people than it
will hurt, IMO.

-Jeff