Upcoming transition of FC3

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 19:13:59 UTC 2005

Jesse Keating wrote:

> I'll bring this up to the Fedora Steering Committee and see how they
> feel about these updates being enabled by default.  For Fedora stuff, I
> now am leaning toward enable by default.  I think Michal and others may
> be right, those who are in the 'know' and don't want our updates can
> easily disable it.

The problem, and we have all seen this, is that those in the 'know' are
not the ones who would sue FL.  All it will take is for FL to
automagically update one package that breaks a custom billing
application on a bored lawyer's computer....   I don't think the risk is
worth trying to be noble.

Rather than auto-updating by default, why not just disable network
interfaces at EOL?

-Jim P.