Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: httpd and mod_ssl

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 25 00:36:16 UTC 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 7:55 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> I did check before asking, thus the nature of my questions.  I
> haven't yet seen one bug filed for 2 packages where there are
> separate fixes for each package, in fact I thought that was against
> the rules.  I do see how these two issues are related, but it
> appears senseless to bundle the release when only one-half of it
> affects RH 7.3 (for which there is no apache 2.0).

Hi Jim, perhaps some of your confusion comes from the fact that rh9,
fc1, and fc2 all contain the mod_ssl package as part of the httpd
package.  In the older rh 7.3, mod_ssl was separate from apache.

> To excuse this as "Other's checked before asking" is not accurate
> as the data just isn't there to support even having the ability to
> check.  Show me discussions of this bug outside of a bugID that
> isn't referenced anywhere else.  And please don't suggest that I am
> to be trolling bugzilla every day for the hundreds of packages for
> which I may or may not be interested in knowing if a bug exists.
>
> The bottom line is that I regularly keep on top of RH73 bugs/
> updates/patches and I missed this.  OK, so I am human and subject
> to errors, but this bug stayed well below the FL radar for many
> months.  I have a pretty good record of downloading and testing
> updates, so the fact that this critical one slipped by alarms me.

OK, sounds like you're just upset because you didn't see this until
the updates-testing notification.  I'm not sure I understand what
you're trying to say here.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

-Jeff