sendmail updates

Jancio Wodnik jancio_wodnik at wp.pl
Wed Apr 5 20:58:57 UTC 2006

Eric Rostetter napisał(a):
> Quoting Jancio Wodnik <jancio_wodnik at wp.pl>:
>
>> Hi. but above statement is not true. There are still problem with
>> alternatives on rh7.3 and rh9 when updated to latest sendmail update.
>>
>> Lates update didn't fix that. Sorry, but there is still some work to do.
>>
>> Regrads,
>>
>> Irens.
>
> Then you best report what those issues are, and how to reproduce them.
>
> --Eric Rostetter
> The Department of Physics
> The University of Texas at Austin
>
> Go Longhorns!
>
> --

It's me again.

I have got latest sendmail's update on my rh73 and rh9 boxes.

Issues are still the same: after update there is lack of those files:

1) there is no more /etc/pam.d/smtp.sendmail -> but thereis
/etc/pam.d/smtp.rpmnew
2) there is no more /usr/lib/sendmail.sendmail

In /etc/alternatives were broken links: mta-pam, mta-sendmail,
mta-sendmailman

My sendmail rejects incoming mail form LAN, so i must by hand fix above
broken symlinks, after that and sendmail reload all goes fine.

So there are still problems with the latest update, when we spoke about:
problems with alternatives and sendmail. In my opinion: the latest
update didn't fix that. That's all.

best reg ...

Irens