[Updated] [FLSA-2006:186277] Updated sendmail packages fix security issue

Marc Deslauriers marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca
Wed Apr 5 23:35:41 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 12:50 -0400, Adam Gibson wrote:
> One thing I noticed after the latest yum update of sendmail from the
> previous update is that alternatives is broken for /etc/pam.d/smtp for
> the sendmail package.  Sendmail used to create /etc/pam.d/smtp.sendmail
> which alternatives would create a symlink at /etc/pam.d/smtp to
> eventually point to the current configured smtp pam config
> (/etc/pam.d/smtp.sendmail for sendmail).

Sendmail on rh73, rh9 and fc1 didn't use alternatives
for /etc/pam.d/smtp. It was a real file. That was the problem with the
first sendmail update we came out with, it used alternatives for that
file and the proper symlink wouldn't get automatically created. In the
latest update, we reverted to the previous functionality of having the
package create a real /etc/pam.d/smtp file.

Marc.