crazy thought about how to ease QA testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Feb 10 00:39:08 UTC 2006

So I'm kicking around this idea to help w/ QA testing.  What if Fedora
Legacy provided very base images of the releases we support for use with
vmplayer?  Vmplayer is free, and from the base image a QA tester could
update to the package we need QA on, use the package in various ways,
and report how it worked out.   No need to have a full system of that
release, no bad effects to your running system, just a nice test
environment to run a few smoke tests on it.

Thoughts?