no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 14 21:35:01 UTC 2006

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 22:34 +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
>>
>> The current policy change proposal was about reducing the amount of QA
>> for moving updates-testing packages to updates.
>>
>> So, I'm not sure why we're having this conversation..
>
> It is just a case of misunderstanding.  Generic terms regarding QA can
> muddy the waters between updates-testing QA (phase 2?) and package
> source QA (phase 1?).

NO!

A proposal was made to effectively remove any need for QA by accepting
packages without any QA.  There is no misunderstanding.  This was proposed
on the list.  Until just a few minutes ago, no one said it was dead, so
it was still a valid point of conversation.  Now it is dead, and can RIP.

But it was not a misunderstanding, it was a real proposal made to the list.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!