FC3 yum instructions

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 22 19:20:39 UTC 2006

Quoting seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu>:

>> > To further make our selves seem as a project of the same level as the
>> > Extras or Documentation project, by existing in the same spaces that
>> > they do.
>>
>> I personally think we are lowering ourselves to their level, but so be it.
>> Not my call.
>
> 'lowering ourselves'
>
> You might need a reality check if you think that legacy is 'lowering
> itself' to the level of extras.
>
> -sv

Only in the sense of web site presence and presentation, not in the
sense of community involvement, output/productivity, or many other
areas where it clearly outshines FL.

But then, our web presence has never been good anyway, since no one will
participate in the process.  I proposed an updated overview years ago, and
have received basically no feedback of any sort, and no go-ahead to implement
it, and any attempt to get it approved has failed.

So if this "community" can't even be bothered to look at and approve or
reject a document that is supposed to describe its existance and purpose,
I guess it isn't much of a project.  Maybe the nay-sayers are right.
Maybe the project is crap, and we're all just wasting our time on it.
Certainly is the least satisfying project I've ever been involved with.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!