FC3 yum instructions

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Feb 22 19:27:45 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 13:20 -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> But then, our web presence has never been good anyway, since no one will
> participate in the process.  I proposed an updated overview years ago, and
> have received basically no feedback of any sort, and no go-ahead to implement
> it, and any attempt to get it approved has failed.

Probably because webwork isn't fun, and nobody feels like they have the
'authority' to approve or disapprove updates.  I'm sorry I have missed
your requests, I'm not the best at keeping track of these things.

Moving to the wiki allows for changes to happen more rapidly, and if
they appear to be bad changes, we can roll them back fairly easily.  Yes
you can do this now with our website, but there is one you, and it is
non trivial to add more people to the current web system to be able to
do updates and such.