Announces

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) nils at lemonbit.nl
Fri Feb 24 14:19:17 UTC 2006

Danny Terweij wrote:

> From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet)" <nils at lemonbit.nl>
>
>>>   Update: mozilla-nss.i386 37:1.7.12-1.3.3.legacy - legacy-updates
>>> ?. Those and some others i did get today and dont see it on any
>>> anounce list
>>> i am subscribed to.
>> I did get those announces...
>
> Could you say me on what list that is announced? maybe i missed a
> subscribtion :)

See http://www.fedoralegacy.org/mail/ for the Fedora Legacy
Mailinglists. There's an announce list there and you can browse the
archives.

> On the QAtests wiki page i can't find how to enable test repo on
> yum.  I
> have a "play" FC3 box with a lot repo's enabled (also mixed) and
> still yum
> updates fine with no deps problems :)

Did you add your own .repo file to /etc/yum.repos.d/ or did you add
the info to /etc/yum.conf? Or did you download the rpm that installs
the repo file?

> However, i did found out that if you install a clean FC3 system
> with install
> option "server" and enable Xwindows GUI and add all those repo's,
> like kde
> redhat, dag, dries, atrpms, legacy and the standard ones, then its
> a hell
> for yum :)

Some repositories don't mix well and mention that fact on their
website. Don't just enable every repository you come across; see what
it provides and whether you need that.

Nils.