Announces

Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net d.terweij at nettuning.net
Fri Feb 24 14:59:40 UTC 2006

From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet)" <nils at lemonbit.nl>

I add them manual as xxxx.repo at yum.repos.d

> Some repositories don't mix well and mention that fact on their
> website. Don't just enable every repository you come across; see what
> it provides and whether you need that.

Yes, i know that. But the software i run comes from all of them. And some
repo's are faster with newest versions then other repos. Pitty that there is
not 1 big repo :) I must say, the most active repo with fast and good
updates is repo atrpms. But if you enable atrpms repo on FC3 system that is
a fresh installation or a running some time box.. you see so much fro atrpm
that you think.. holy moly i get a new Linux  install :)

It still works, what I want and what repo's offers for FC3.  But i guess as
readed on the wiki pages.. there comes a day for a mayor upgrade.. maybe FC7
is out then.. so FC3>FC7 will be happen some day :P But so long FC3 security
patches and new software versions provides, i am happy :) Its that i am not
lazy, i did install for example latest mysql5 on my play FC3 machine, and
more builded from sources to see how it works and then do it the same on my
other FC3 box(es)..

Danny