Announces

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) nils at lemonbit.nl
Fri Feb 24 20:08:07 UTC 2006

Danny Terweij wrote:

> From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet)" <nils at lemonbit.nl>
>
>> Did you add your own .repo file to /etc/yum.repos.d/ or did you add
>> the info to /etc/yum.conf? Or did you download the rpm that installs
>> the repo file?
>
> I add them manual as xxxx.repo at yum.repos.d

Add this to your .repo file:

[updates-testing]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates Testing
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/updates-
testing/$basearch
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1

(Actually, you can just copy paste the info for updates en replace
updates with updates-testing in the baseurl and change the name to
your liking.)

By the way, if you have Legacy Updates enabled in your yum config you
don't need the normal Fedora updates channel anymore. All updates
that were released before the transfer to Legacy are included in the
Legacy version of the updates channel.

> I must say, the most active repo with fast and good
> updates is repo atrpms. But if you enable atrpms repo on FC3 system
> that is
> a fresh installation or a running some time box.. you see so much
> fro atrpm
> that you think.. holy moly i get a new Linux  install :)

That's why I've pretty much always avoided using ATrpms. But if you
like it, that's great for you.

Nils Breunese.