Proposed changes to Fedora Legacy Project

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Jan 18 23:37:10 UTC 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 7:16 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> HI
>
>> I don't really see the need for something like this,
>
> Make sure you read the recent fedora-devel list discussions to
> understand the need.
>
>> and personally I  think "community maintenance project" makes it
>> sound like we're going  to be picking up garbage on the side of
>> the highway
>
> I dont see that kind of association.
>
>> .  I'm all for  having a wiki page or something similar which
>> describes the project  and what we do, but I don't see a reason to
>> change the name (or  always require this type of suffix).
>
> Unless its in the face not many people would bother reading about it.

Hi Rahul, I just browsed through some fedora-devel-list posts from
this month, so far all I see is two people in a thread: "RFE: Retire
Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released." who mention that
they think "legacy" has negative connotation(s).  Are there other
posts I'm missing, or is that what you were referring to?

-Jeff