Proposed changes to Fedora Legacy Project

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 23:46:42 UTC 2006

Hi

> Hi Rahul, I just browsed through some fedora-devel-list posts from
> this month, so far all I see is two people in a thread: "RFE: Retire
> Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released." who mention that
> they think "legacy" has negative connotation(s).  Are there other
> posts I'm missing, or is that what you were referring to?
>
> -Jeff

After FC6 part is not important here. Whats important is that several
users in the list have expressed their opinion that the term "legacy"
has negative canotations associated with it. I do not feel so. In fact I
think legacy is a perfectly suitable name for what this project stands
for but we can listen to the users here. If we do get more community
contributions and users by doing something as simple as expanding on a
name and lowering the barrier to entry by providing seamless transition
between Fedora Core and Fedora Legacy, lets shoot for it.We need all the
people we can get. If we have to set aside our own preferences and bend
a little to enable this to happen, so be it.

--
Rahul