Unable to use instructions to using yum 2.x on RH 9

Ronald Bradford redhat at myvirtualemail.biz
Thu Jan 19 11:04:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm following the instructions at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/Yum9Detailed  to upgrade yum on
my RH9 machine so I can further update the system for glib23 which I can
then use for MySQL 5.1

rpm -Uvh http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/9/updates/i386/gnupg-1.2.1-9.i386.rpm

is giving me the error
error: failed dependencies:
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)   is needed by gnupg-1.2.1-9

This is effectively where I am stuck, and would like assistance if this
has been experienced before.

Assuming this is glibc23 which is what I want I looked at upgrading
glibc via advisary at
http://fedoralegacy.org/updates/RH9/2005-11-13-FLSA_2005_152848__Updated_glibc_packages_fix_security_issues.html

This seemed to land me in a bigger dependancy hold, attempts to look at
one gave me more dependancies.  Which was why I was just prepare to yum
update for everything.  It's seems I'm in a circular dependancies.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards

Ronald Bradford