Unable to use instructions to using yum 2.x on RH 9

Ronald Bradford redhat at myvirtualemail.biz
Thu Jan 19 11:39:12 UTC 2006

My apologies, I thought my system was RedHat 9.  it was kernel
2.4.20-18.7    I did a google on 2.4.20 and it came back with references
to 9.

Seems my assumptions when I got the server years ago was wrong, and it
is indeed  7.3
I've been able to update everything to current packages under 7.3
however in more reading I see this still doesn't cut it.

Could anybody provide any good references for upgrading 7.3 to 9, which
appears what I have to do, however a number of sites I've reviewed
provide some misleading info.

Regards

Ronald Bradford