X-Chat 2.4.0 to 2.6

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at NOSPAMsbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 9 05:33:31 UTC 2006

Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net wrote:
> From: "Rex Dieter" <rdieter at math.unl.edu>
>
>>>Can someone provide a new version of X-Chat in legacy updates fc3 repo?
>

>>Probably not.  legacy updates is for security and critical bug fixes only.
>

> Hmm that sucks.

That's the mission. You *did* read the mission statement, didn't you?

> Not 1 of all the FC3 repo's providing a new version. I use RH since 5.0. But
> sinds Fedora i dislike it more and more.
>
> Are there here people that wants create a *real* legacy-updates repo for NEW
> versions?

Isn't that what FC4 is supposed to be?

> I suggest to rename the current legacy-updates to legacy-security or
> something like that.
> legacy-updates sounds like just updates of new versions to me like the
> normal repo's also is doing rather then security shit..

This has been gone over many times, here. I suggest you actually go
and read the mission statement.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.