apt sources.list

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Mar 20 11:19:11 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> I was actually looking for the sources.list entry for fedora legacy (for FC3),
> I know there's a mirror on freshrpms
> in fact shouldn't the apt fc3 package be updated to include the legacy mirror,
> since the sources.list stuff is in that package (for fc3)?
> That way people would transparently shift from core to legacy if they just
> upgraded their freshrpms and rpmforge stuff
> (my apt package is apt-0.5.15cnc6-4.1.fc3.rf, so this second point probably
> concerns rpmforge rather than freshrpms, but I know Dag reads this list so I
> won't crosspost)

I guess it should. But it requires the fedora legacy project to create
empty repositories in advance as I'm not interested in updating the apt
package whenever a fedora release is phased out.

I'm including the fedora legacy project in this mail to see if they can
provide empty repositories in advance so they can be included at all
times.

Thanks for the feedback,