New sendmail and missing /usr/lib/sendmail

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Mon Mar 27 18:43:27 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 16:17 -0600, Mike Klinke wrote:
>
>> There is instead an entry in /usr/lib;  "sendmail.sendmail"  which
>> is linked to /usr/sbin/sendmail.  Also the man pages no longer work
>> if you type; "man sendmail"  You have to use "man
>> sendmail.sendmail".
>>

> This sounds like the Alternatives system got confused and wasn't making
> the links that it was supposed to, as stated in the spec file.  Hrm.

Jesse,

BACK FROM HAVING A BABY!  At least my wife did.

Sounds like something didn't get built correctly.  Was this a new
release of sendmail or a patch?
I believe my packages needed (or at least I let them build a -cf
package) at one point.  My version has been working for some time with
no problems with man or other changes.

Did the SPEC file change significantly?

I guess I can download and compare to my packages.

Thanks,
James

PS: I don't want everyone to start saying Congratulations.  It isn't a
good response on list.
--
Scanned by ClamAV - http://www.clamav.net