Sendmail Patch Breaks Virtusertable Settings

Ralph Bearpark rbearpark.nospam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 06:38:05 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I can't recall ever doing a sendmail upgrade (diff hosts, diff distro's,
> manual builds, etc) that did not rebuild sendmail dbs via the Makefile
> in /etc/mail/.

Hmm, that might be a clue for me.  When I put in a new alias, I
manually "makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable.txt".  If the
sendmail upgrade runs a Makefile to do its own virtusertable.db
rebuild then it's possible it uses other sources, or "makemap dbm"
instead of "makemap hash".  That could explain the screw-up.

I'll check this later.

Ralph.